Monday 15 September 2014

My grandfather my sadguru...

The biggest illusion is ego and  biggest foolishness is to say ‘mine’ .. the other day there was a cement mixer lorry  standing next to our car in a signal and my daughter and nephew starting fighting ,each saying that the lorry belonged to them , that ended up in a big fight  and the lorry left , so I asked them who’s mixer was it now ?? wasn’t that stupidity to fight on something which even remotely not belonged to them ?…So, many times in life we are fighting and grieving over things that’s no way ours.  My grandpa was extremely knowledge man in spirituality, he lived a life like one who followed,he let me take care of him as he was growing old and I had developed a strong possessiveness over him . He had many students and many discourses used to happen everyday , once there was a discussion on death , and he told me after the course that he is feeling very old now and he cannot live eternally. when I asked him what would I do after he died ? I would not feel like being alive as I have never led a life without him. He smiled and asked me to go to a phase in life where he never existed for me and there would be no pain of loss , now that must be  before I remembered I ever existed , so I had to go back to the state where I don’t know I existed. The state where nothing exist is the real state of mind and the state of happiness..its been exactly 10 years since he left the mortal world and I have never got over him yet ..but whatever I learned living with him has thought me to live rest of my life  gracefully and that proves he is with me all along.

2 comments:

  1. Nice one...
    shucheenam sreematam gehe yogabhrasto vijayate||
    Atava Yoginameva kule bhavati Dheematam|
    Etaddhi durlabhataram loke janma yadeedrusham||
    BG 6:41,42
    Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum
    Yagnanarayanam vande sadgurum shivarupinam|
    sadadhyatma pravaktaram sadanithye pratistitam||

    ReplyDelete